Cooking in College WITH A KITCHEN!!

       Little did I know how lucky my freshman self was coming into college having a full kitchen. Most college freshmen have very limited ways to cook food, which are normally dirty community-used microwaves. Another struggle for college freshmen is the fact that you can’t have things like toasters, air-fryers, and many other cooking devices that are not allowed in dorm rooms. That being said, when coming in as a freshman I was informed that I had the opportunity to live in an apartment, which meant I got a full size kitchen! To say the least I jumped on that opportunity fairly quickly.


Being on my own for the first time, it took me a while to figure out the ins and outs of cooking for one person. I found one of the easiest things is to plan what you're going to buy at the store, and for sure don’t go hungry.  The Bon Appétit website helped me realize that cooking didn’t have to be super hard and expensive. You can never go wrong with pasta and even a hamburger helper every now and then. 


Food literacy doesn’t mean a whole lot to most college students. Everyone has heard about the freshman fifteen, this is because college students care less about food literacy and more about passing their classes. Just remember college isn’t forever and neither is the freshman fifteen!



Comments

  1. I love cooking & I love pasta so I was super excited when I saw a picture of pasta on your home page :)
    I agree with the part where you said it’s easiest to plan out your grocery list before you buy it. That helps me save money as well as make it simpler & less stressful!
    Your pasta looks amazing btw!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts